Phone Number Lookup

Enter the number that has been calling you here:

+ Join in Discussion

Thread: How do you stop Unsolicited Telephone Calls?

How do you stop Unsolicited Telephone Calls?

Unsolicited phone calls constantly come through to my telephone and mobile. How can i stop these companies from ringing me? Is there some sort of register you can go on to to stop these types of calls being made to you?

It depends entirely on what sort of calls you are trying to stop. General sales calls can be atempted to be stopped by the tps and there are other groups / companies for other calls. The call prevention registry seems to do ok on general calls aswell, check google for charity scam calls as all mention TAPA but its really down to what calls you get. I find that if you research what problems your having & then checking the info on their site of people stopping it should give you a good start.

That's very useful information!! I've only rele started to look into this problem recently after having problems with a few support publishing firms and wasn't rele to sure on who to contact about The charity scams:/Also with me being so busy at work I havnt rele had too much time to look into it either! I think I will give TAPA a call once I've looked at the website a bit more and find a spare 5 minutes to call them . But I'll keep you posted on how it goes!!

How to prevent unsolicited sales calls

You can prevent unsolicited sales calls being made to your home by registering your number with the TPS. Its free to do online through the TPS website. This should prevent sales calls coming through.

Stop nuisance calls

To stop sales calls and other nuisance calls being made to your numbers, you can buy a device called 'True Call Nuisance Call Blocker'. Most sites sell it for between 50-100. It's a peice of hardware you attach to your telephone line and it blocks silent calls and automated callers and calls from overseas sales companies etc. It does the job but it is not a cheap accessory. It is successful though. There are other features it has as well that are pretty useful.

Stop telemarketing calls

If you wanna stop telemarketing calls you should contact the direct marketing association. Also known as the dma. This is the appointed organisation on behalf of the government that bans sales calls being made to people that dont want them. Ring them and they will take you through the process of how to do it.

Stopping Sales Calls

I prevent sales calls through TPS. Its OK. It does not stop all of them ringing but the amount of calls has gone down a lot. I know you can pay firms that will stop them all if it gets bad. Do a search on google and their are a few firms there. Maybe try TPS first to see what happens.

How Do You Stop Unwanted Phone Calls?

To stop unwanted telephone callers is easy. You can buy a gizmo called Call Blocker off the internet for about 60. You plug it in to your phone at home and whenever you get a sales call you press one of the buttons on the module and it will block the caller forever. It will also block anonymous calls up to 100 of them and play messages telling them to go away etc. Google it and have a nosey.

Advent
    I tried ringing this number back after receiving a call and got no answer.

Mark B
    I got a missed call from these on my mobile but I never rang back.

+ Join in Discussion

enquiries@nuisancecalls.org.uk

www.nuisancecalls.org.uk

Twitter Facebook

Copyright 2014 The Nuisance Calls Forum

Established 2011

Cookie Policy - Forum Rules